On today’s episode, we have a very new way to make money and be in business with a special international guest. Breanna Sponcey was a winner in our Virtual Meetup and Marketplace and is joining me on the show today to share about her business successes.
Breanna Sponcey grew up in Fallon, Nebraska. She started cleaning houses at the age of nine and had her own landscaping business in high school. She was never comfortable working for someone else, so after high school, she moved to Reno and started her own make-up business. She did the make-up for models, photoshoots, and weddings and that led to doing theater make-up where she was head of the department on Broadway. She had an awesome opportunity to move to Costa Rica. Before moving she joined a network marketing business to have something to fall back on. After a year of building that business, they were able to buy a bar that they turned into a successful nightclub and then later added their own delivery and advertising business.
Breanna’s goal was to create three successful businesses by the age of thirty. She shares her business experience and how she reached this goal months before her thirtieth birthday. Breanna shares her experience creating her brick and mortar and direct sales businesses. She also shares the key steps and techniques that have led to her entrepreneurial success.
- [01:29] Breanna started working around the age of nine cleaning houses.
- [02:32] She joined a network marketing business before moving to Costa Rica to have something to fall back on since she had no idea what their plans were when they arrived.
- [02:46] After a year of building that business, they were able to buy a bar that they turned into a successful nightclub.
- [02:57] Her goal was to own three successful businesses before she was thirty and she was able to hit that goal one month prior to her thirtieth birthday.
- [03:24] She is always looking for the next best thing and never wants to miss an opportunity because of a lack of knowledge or skills.
- [03:56] Yes moments are when you have no idea what you are doing, but you very quickly go figure it out.
- [04:26] Breanna won third place in the Virtual Meetup and Marketplace event.
- [05:03] Breanna started watching all Loral’s videos on Facebook and knew that she needed to join the event. Aside from all the knowledge and the money she made, the network she created was the best part.
- [06:03] Her goal was to add team members to her MLM team and her entry item was a raffle ticket for a VIP experience at the nightclub.
- [06:46] Each month in her direct sales business, she has different offers including drawings for bigger products.
- [07:42] There are many different ways to make money.
- [07:55] Breanna shares about finding and building their nightclub.
- [09:07] They were looking for businesses they could buy. It was tough at first and after many red flags, they finally found a bar to buy.
- [10:12] They outgrew their first space and started building a new space.
- [10:57] They purchased their space with money they had saved prior to moving and money they earned with the multi-level marketing business so they didn’t need to take a loan.
- [11:27] Their nightclub was completely shut down on March 16th and they don’t have plans to reopen until November based on Costa Rica’s rules for nightclubs.
- [13:18] The pandemic has opened a few doors that no one would have considered if not forced to pivot in this way in these times.
- [14:24] The biggest lesson for Breanna is to always have a support system.
- [14:34] It is all about doing the work, making the mistakes, taking risks to find out what works, and surrounding yourself with people that are where you want to be.
- [16:16] She chose her MLM because she had been using the products since she was eighteen years old, so it was a natural choice.
- [16:44] After working really hard for one year it became a passive income stream for them.
- [18:01] Her strong team has been a crucial part of her success in her direct sales business. She provides resources and support to anyone that wants to join their team and create a business.
- [18:21] It is the same with any business, we have to make changes constantly.
- [18:40] You have to follow the trends that are working, drop the ones that are not, and find the next ones.
- [19:08] Breanna’s number one tip is to get involved with a team that is already led in the way you want to be a leader.
Links and Resources:
Ask Loral App
Loral on Facebook
Loral on YouTube
Loral on LinkedIn
Millionaire Maker Store
El Garito Tamarindo
Breanna on Facebook