Ron Couming is a Search Engine Optimization SEO expert and digital marketer. He specializes in optimizing websites so that when people search for a search term, related to a website, that website will show up near the top of the search results. He has over 20 years experience in the tech world. He started out in IT managed services then moved to web optimization and SEO.
We start from the beginning and Ron shares what SEO is and why it matters. We talk about search terms and search engines like Google. He also explains what a backlink is and why it’s important. He also shares some optimization tips like creating a sitemap and submitting it to Google. We also talk about how to get reviews noticed in search results. This show is a great introduction for anyone interested in SEO.
You can find Ron here:
Ron Couming on LinkedIn
Text Loral to (978)393-3545 to get Ron's video series
Internet marketing and Business Solutions with Ronald Couming
Call for your strategy session 775-588-9200
- [01:55] Ron started working in the tech world over 20 years ago. He used to work in managed services helping companies with their it.
- [02:40] He started noticing that everything was going mobile. He thought the world of managed services and break and fix was on the way out.
- [03:19] He made a switch to online marketing, social media, website optimization, email marketing, and funnels. Then he moved exclusively to SEO and online marketing.
- [04:06] Affiliate marketing is when you promote other products or services and get a commission when people purchase them.
- [06:07] Google owns YouTube. Pinterest and Amazon are also huge. Google has an algorithm made out of code. It takes a lot of things into a count to decide who to rank.
- [07:20] Make sure your on-page SEO is done correctly. If the search engines don't know what your page is about they can't index you.
- [08:17] Make sure you have a sitemap and submit it to search engines. A website analysis will tell you everything that's deficient on your website.
- [09:02] You could use the Yoast plugin to create a sitemap. It will create the sitemap for you, but you also have to submit it to the search engines.
- [10:25] SEO is search engine optimization. It's the process of optimizing your website so that search engines can crawl it correctly and send you traffic.
- [11:14] Websites linking back to your site is a vote of confidence for your site. These are called backlinks. You want quality backlinks that lead to a quality site.
- [15:11] Appropriate SEO will help you attract many more customers and clients who are looking for your solution. Awareness creates opportunity.
- [16:02] Organic SEO costs less, and you actually own it. Pay-per-click is like an auction. skip past ads and go to organic results. You want to be on the first page organically and in the top three results.
- [18:30] The ads are at the beginning of the search results and it says ad before the ad.
- [19:39] Have your testimonials posted on your site as a separate page and then submit each page to Google through analytics. If the person posts their testimonial on their site, they can link back to you and create a backlink.
- [23:14] Stick to the fundamentals and don't game the system.
- [24:55] Text Loral to (978)393-3545 to get Ron's video series.
- [25:39] Download the Ask Loral App.
Links and Resources:
Ask Loral App